Effective: March 29, 2018
How Does Spectrum Collect and Use Information About You?
Absent your consent or request, Spectrum does not divulge personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes.
When you visit the Site, it is important that we can present our content in a way that makes sense to your screen, that we are able to conduct research, that we know which pages and activity on the Site are most popular and, in some cases, that compensation can be determined between us and our content and advertising partners. In order to do these types of things, we may collect data such as:
- The type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.);
- The type of operating system you use (e.g., Apple Mac OS X, Windows XP, mobile Android or Apple OS, etc.);
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider (e.g., Road Runner);
- Your Internet Protocol address;
- The referring page that linked you to us, the pages you visit on this Site; the web page you visit after this Site;
- The content and advertisements that you view and/or click on;
- Any search terms you enter on this Site or a referral site;
- If you are accessing this Site from a portable device, the device may provide this Site with your location, we will collect that information on pages where your location helps authenticate you or determine the page content. To the extent this information is stored; it will be stored only in anonymous or aggregate format.
Access to certain content on this Site (i.e. live streaming, full show episodes, etc.) requires user authentication. Users wishing to access authenticated content will be redirected to their television services provider where they can enter their login information and complete the login process. Spectrum will have no access to this login information unless you happen to be a Spectrum video customer.
From time-to-time, this Site may offer features that will require us to collect information about you in order for the features to work in an optimum way. These features can include the registration or subscription to newsletters, accounts or features on this Site, the making of online purchases, entering sweepstakes and contests, completing surveys, contributing to a chat room, message board, blog, or other similar open forum on this Site, the submission of comments or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on this Site, the sending to Spectrum of e-mail, or in any other way submitting personally identifiable information to us via or relating to this Site. If you do not take advantage of these opportunities, we will not collect information from you to support these options.
To the extent you provide us with information about you, we may use this information for internal purposes related to any Spectrum service or product and to send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you.
Spectrum sites (other than this Site), as well as any other third party content, sites, advertisements, applications and toolbars linked to from this Site, may each have their own privacy policies and practices. Spectrum is not responsible for the information practices of third parties. You should carefully review their privacy policies in order to determine how each third party may use any personally identifiable information you provide.
Some of the information described above is collected or maintained through “cookies,” which are small data files that are sent to your browser or related software from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Additionally, if you have a Flash player installed on your computer, your Flash player can be set to reject or delete Flash cookies (technically known as Flash “local shared objects”). However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, the Site or certain areas or features.
Many of the third party advertisers that place tracking tools on our Websites are members of programs that offer you additional choices regarding the collection and use of your information. You can learn more about the options available to limit these third parties’ collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Content on this Site, including advertisements, may be recommended to you or customized to your interests and preferences, based on your personally identifiable information and web site usage information, including (but not limited to) non-personally identifying information, which we may obtain from you or from other sources.
Any or all of the activities and collection described above may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
Does Spectrum Ever Share Information with Other Parties?
- If you express a desire for us to do so, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties (such as co-sponsors of our sweepstakes, contests and other offerings) pursuant to the service that you desire.
- Spectrum may share your information with its affiliates, service providers and other third parties that help to operate our business and this Site and deliver the products and services available on or through the Site.
- When you contribute to a “public” area or feature of this Site, such as a chat room, bulletin board, blog or other open forum that we may make available on or through this Site, the information that you submit will be made available to other users. For this reason, we recommend that you not submit any sensitive information on these areas of the Site, including your full name, home address, phone number, financial information, or other information that would enable users to locate you.
- Spectrum provides your information to trusted vendors who work on behalf of or with Spectrum and under confidentiality agreements. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- When Spectrum believes it should, it will respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and to establish or exercise Spectrum’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In the event that Spectrum, or any affiliated entity, or substantially all of its assets related to a particular geographical region, are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, user information may be one of the transferred assets.
Aggregate data and information that otherwise is not personally identifiable to you may be disclosed to others.
Spectrum will take steps to protect the security and integrity of all sensitive information provided to this Site. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Site by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you.
We may change this Policy by amending the on-line version. If you continue to use this Site following any change in our Policy, you will have accepted the changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you should not use this Site. Any changes to this Notice are intended to be prospective only.
Charter Communications, Inc. Attn: Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel 400 Atlantic Street Stamford, CT 06901